Fall Series Releases - Yea!

🍂New Releases🍂

 

I love, and I don't say this casually, the Fall season.  For all the obvious reasons; the cooler weather, the colorful leaves, the approaching holidays, and best of all, Fall reading.  This Fall, just a few short weeks away, there seems to be an abundance of great entries into some of my favorite series reading. Maybe some of yours too!  Drop a comment and let me know what series update you are most looking forward to this upcoming season. 

📘Primed and ready to release on September 15th is number twelve in Robert Dugoni's Tracy Crosswhite Series. (I'm primed anyway.)  One Split Second continues the story of Detective Crosswhite who I initially found through Kindle Unlimited, but have continued to read alongside Dugoni's stand-alone books.  By this time, Tracy is a mature and skilled detective as she takes on the defense of an old friend, also a female police officer.  Here's a taste:

A girl’s unsolved disappearance. A tragic shooting. Two crimes, forty-five years apart, with a blood-chilling connection in a gripping new Tracy Crosswhite novel by New York Times bestselling author Robert Dugoni.


📙If you're a fan of sharp female detectives, then hang on for number twenty-five (yes, 25) in Lisa Regan's Josie Quinn Series.  I've read so many of them, Josie has become a police partner and a friend.  I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Her Last Kiss on October 25th. To wet your whistle:

She lies on the bed, staring sightlessly at the ceiling. The gold cross necklace ripped from her neck and tossed onto the comforter. Around her throat is a deep red welt. But that isn’t what chills Josie’s skin. It’s the bright red lipstick smeared across the woman’s pale cheek. The mark of the Last Kiss Killer.


📗A brand new, at least to me, is Darin Miller's Dwayne Morrow Series. If you enjoy a quirky, nerd-like character who has stepped outside his chosen profession, IT, and into PI work, you will find Dwayne right up your alley.  I like all that and the fact that both he and the author, Darin Miller, happen to be from my home state of Ohio.  The books are also set in my "homeland" so it's even more a slice of my growing up life.  Interception, #9, in the Dwayne books is out on October 20.  I know I'll be looking forward to more from my favorite detective by accident.  How about a look at what he's up to this time:

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Richard Dwayne Morrow and Melanie Denise McGregor...

All heads turn as the opening refrain of Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus” echoes throughout the spacious venue. The bride is a vision in white as she makes her grand entrance. The wedding party stands witness at the far end of the aisle as murmurs ripple through the appreciative crowd. Only one thing is missing.

Where’s the groom?


📕On September 9th, Kendra Elliot brings us a Noelle Marshall book, #4 in the 
series.  Until She Dies finds Detective Marshall and her partner, FBI Agent Max Rhodes, embroiled in a new case.  I admit I haven't read any of this particular series, but have many of Elliot's other books. They are filled with great characters and intriguing stories.  I'm looking forward to taking a bite out of Noelle's story from 1-4.  Here's a sampling:

Detective Noelle Marshall and FBI Agent Max Rhodes unearth bodies and secrets as they become targets of a serial killer in a chilling novel of suspense by a Wall Street Journal bestselling author.

When a search dog locates a mass burial ground in the Oregon forest, Detective Noelle Marshall is plunged into a hunt for a killer who’s hiding in plain sight. The key to her case lies in a decades-old secret: a lone survivor who escaped and is still out there, living in fear. The murderer is a phantom who left behind a collection of victims with nothing in common but their final resting place.


📘On September 29th, the latest in Ann Cleaves' Matthew Venn Series hits shelves.  The Dying Light, #4, finds one of the best fictional detectives, Matthew Venn, at work. I admire Venn for his skill as a detective and for his sensitivity as a person.  These two traits cross back and forth in his personal and professional life, making him a better detective and person.  In this case Venn finds himself in the midst of a a death and a missing person case:

DI Matthew Venn peels back layer upon layer to discover the dark secrets one family is keeping in this searing new novel, brimming with energy and taut with claustrophobic tension.

A scorching heatwave marks the start of the summer in Devon. Detective Matthew Venn is called in to investigate a puzzling death, when the body of a young woman, Lottie, is found in the swimming pool of a luxurious holiday home. The girl’s best friend, Hannah, whose family owns the house, is missing. The girls had arrived a few days earlier to celebrate the end of their school exams, quickly stirring unrest in the small community with incendiary social media videos mocking the place as parochial.


📙On the early side of fall, William Ken Krueger's latest, God's Country, will hit shelves on August 18th.  Number 25 in the Cork O'Connor Series has already jumped to the top of my reading list.  In fact, I read it last week.  I enjoy Cork for all the things he is as a person; part of the indigenous community, a family man, an outdoorsman, and a protector.  I think you will too.  Here's some of what's to come:

From the New York Times bestselling author of The River We Remember, a new mystery in the wildly popular Cork O’Connor series.

Cork O’Connor, preparing for a family trip into the Boundary Waters, is troubled by ominous visions about his future. Ignoring the warnings, he uncovers signs of violence while searching for his missing friend, Cordell Bishop. Soon, he is forced to negotiate with dangerous criminals, the Kennedy brothers, who are seeking their late father’s hidden stash.



Could you ask for more?  Well, I guess you could ask, but that would be greedy!🤣 
Don't forget to leave a comment on what fall reading you are looking forward to.  Until then, Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dee Reviews The Faculty Lounge by Jennifer Mathieu

Series Reading - The Couple's Secret by Lisa Regan

BOOK ADJACENT